24 June 2009

oops.

Pretty sure I forgot about this blog for a few days. :) So, last night I got to take one of my residents to the wedding pictures/ring ceremony/reception of her granddaughter. This isn't something I normally do, and probably shouldn't--sooo much liability when I have a resident in my car--but this family needed me, and I love them...Turns out that it wasn't a hard decision to make. I LOVED THE EXPERIENCE! I could tell that it meant so much to everyone to have this resident there, and she spent the three hours out of the facility smiling (she doesn't usually smile that much in one stretch). I don't know that she recognized anyone, but I think she could feel the love that the people around her have for her. The opportunity that I had to witness that was such a gift.
Recently I've been analyzing myself and my life a bit, and I've come to the conclusion that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY JOB!!! I would do it even if there wasn't a paycheck involved. I'm so lucky, right? Blessed, really. How many people can wake up in the morning excited to do whatever it is they've got ahead of them?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you picked up the bug at wedding pictures/ring ceremony/reception...

    Hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom! That drink thing you brought me last night was super tasty! And the cough drop thingies were perfect. Love you!

    ReplyDelete